The Church of St. Catherine is a grade II listed building. It sits on the hillside just off the B5284 sandwiched between Crook Hall the road.
All that remains of the church is the slate grey tower, sitting in a walled enclosure atop the hill side with good views of the Cumbrian fells all around it.
The church was built in around 1620, but due to its poor condition, was dismantled in 1887.
The tower was left standing as a monument, and has been consolidated and strengthened to aid its survival.