Lord Mayor's Walk
Situated at the junction of Monkgate and Lord Mayor's Walk, and just a few hundred feet North of Monkgate Bar, the only visible remains of the church of St Maurice can still be seen. These consist of a number of standing headstones on a grassy area at the road side.
The original church of St Maurice was demolished in 1876 and replaced with a newer building, which in turn was demolished in 1966.
There seems to be very little information about either of the two churches, but as usual, as information becomes available, it will be posted here.