Built about a quarter of a mile to the North of the old chapel of St Margaret, St James is situated in a secluded, quiet church yard. This church built to designs by J.S. Crowther of Manchester, and cost £1909, 16 shillings and 6 pence. This sum of money was raised by private donations. It was built to replace the abandoned chapel of St Margaret. The first sod of earth dug for the foundations was on the 28th of July 1863.
The finished church was consecrated on the 24th of April, 1865. St James possesses a windows designed by Edward Burne-Jones, and made by William Morris and Co. Check the link out for more information.