This rather spectacular building can be seen in the center of Kendal, hidden down a yard off Highgate.
Built to designs by Kendal architect Stephen Shaw, the chapel was opened, originally as the Zion Chapel, in 1898.
A hall, shown below, was opened at the same time, offering space for lectures and debates.
A view of the chapel from the bowling green at Castle Howe. The apse can be seen between the two narrow chimney breasts.