Dolphinholme is a small village some eight miles South East of Lancaster. The village is hidden away to the East of the A6. The church can be found on Church Close, just off Anyon Lane, and is set in a beautiful and quiet church yard.
St Marks was built between 1897 and 1899 by the Lancaster firm, Austin and Paley, replacing a church built in 1839. This earlier church was only consecrated in 1862, but no trace of it survives today. The church cost in the region of £3000.
As the above view shows (the rear of the church) the tower is low and squat and has a stark stair turret built into its South East corner.